Saturday, January 2, 2010

This blog, and my new life, officially begins on Tuesday, Jan. 5th, 19 days before my 50th Birthday, when I will enter an orthopedic clinic in Bad Schwalbach, Germany. While 2009 did have some memorable moments, (and I have the photos and liver damage to prove it), the majority of the year pretty much sucked.

In an effort to avoid the pain from the bulging disc in my back, my body developed a Quasimodo-like shift in the spine which caused my left hip to jut out at a bizarre angle, leaving me looking like I had just misplaced the basket of laundry or small child that should be perched there. The treatment involves shots of anesthetic near the disc, followed by five to six hours of various therapies every day for two weeks. I hear they serve beer there. It's like rehab with alcohol. See you on Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Brian - we're thinking of you. Hang in there. If they'd throw in a schnitzel, I might come for a couple of days and share your room with you.

    Suzi and Harvey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian - talked to Bill today and he said your meals aren't quite what you expected. Too bad, I'm enjoying my Warsteiner. The Cards got Holliday for $17M a year, so its going to be interesting what Pujols will get. Even though we're about 6 weeks away from spring training (we need to go sometime), we're supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow and very cold weather tonight and tomorrow. Hang in there - we're still thinking about you (and Denise).

    Harvey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian
    We'll help you overcome that prison food with a donor kebab or a pizza this weekend! Hang on until then.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete